United Drug is Ireland’s largest pharmaceutical distribution company. In United Drug Distribution we manage outsourced activities on behalf of over 68 of the world’s leading healthcare manufacturers with our core focus on the areas of storage, order processing, distribution, and commercial support.
We pick, pack and distribute over 1.7 million orders every week. The work is fast paced but rewarding. Our company motto, "It’s not just a package, it’s a patient”, is a daily reminder of our shared vision and goal in the care and wellbeing of patients.
United Drug are currently recruiting several Warehouse Operative roles for our United Drug warehouses. These opportunities are based within a dynamic work environment and include order picking and packing, with competitive pay.
So, if you’re interested in coming to join the United Drug team and be part of Irelands leading Pharmaceutical Distribution company at either Citywest or Baldonnel, full details of the role and how to apply are below.
Our Operations teams in Citywest and Baldonnell are recruiting for several roles reporting to the Warehouse Supervisors. These positions will be full time and working hours may vary but weekly hours will be 37.5 hours per week. Work outside these hours will be required from time to time. Some roles require weekend work and or night work.
We have various types of shifts on offer within our warehouses and this can be discussed at application stage. The overall purpose of these positions is to ensure all orders are completed within target time frames of receipt and according to Good Distribution Practice and Standard Operating Procedures. Flexibility is key to this role and work outside these hours will be required on occasion. Full training will be provided to all candidates in every area.
- With the use of a scanner, pick and pack orders within relevant timeframes
- Prepare orders for delivery throughout the Republic of Ireland
- Break down and put away of all stock deliveries to relevant locations
- Organise stock in locations and ensure all stock levels are at optimum levels at all times
- Conduct stock takes when applicable
- You will be cross trained to several tasks within the United Drug warehouses
- From time to time you may be required to work in a similar or related role another part of the sites operations depending on business needs.
- You may be required to operate any forklift or other warehouse equipment as instructed if you have the correct license
- You are required to comply with all company requirements regarding Health & Safety requirements as well as site Security requirements, Quality, Training, Housekeeping and S.O.P. requirements.
- Training will be provided at all times
- At least 6 months experience in order assembly and/or warehouse environment is desirable
- Experience of picking and packing orders is desirable
- Ability to take initiative and to work under pressure
- Ability to work as part of the team
- Attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- PC skills an advantage
WHY WORK FOR US?
Some of the key reasons to work with United Drug are the many benefits available to employees:
- Competitive rates
- Flexible working hours
- Subsidised canteen open until late afternoon
- Free parking available
- Bicycle shed available
- Full training provided
- PPE Provided
- Full COVID safety precautions to ensure your safety at work
- Local shops available
If you’re interested in joining the United Drug team, please enquire through firstname.lastname@example.org.
** By applying for the role, the applicant agrees to United Drug sharing their application and CV with our external agency provider who will contact you on receipt of details **